Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pictures of My Half Kitchen!

Here are some pictures of the progress. It's been a whirlwind of activity. I knew mentioning the possibility of a TV crew filming would light a fire under everyone's arses. (I have neglected to mention that we already filmed the bit on Wednesday -- I wouldn't want people to not feel the pressure.)

In any case, they won't be done tomorrow as we hoped, but maybe some time next week. Things are looking good in spite of some miscommunications today about when the countertops would be installed. (They need to be installed before the cabinet guys can finish putting in the drawer fronts, etc.)

One of the surprising touches that I really like are my new light switches. I didn't take any pictures yet, but they are really kind of cool looking. I'll try to post some pics later. In the mean time here are a few of my countertops, cabinets and appliances, and new paint in the entryway.

The countertops right now are a light gray. Once they are oiled, they will become a dark, dark gray. (The sink, which isn't installed yet is also very dark - almost black - so it will blend in and look almost like it's the same material as the countertop.)


The entryway is now a dark gray... Maybe hard to tell in this picture, but it's a cool color. Almost a blue-ish gray.

And finally, here is my half completed kitchen!! The refrigerator and dishwasher (on the bottom to the right of the range) are actually fully functional right now. I don't want to start loading up the refrigerator yet though because I think they might need to move it to paint the wall next to it. The range might be, but it's all dusty. The gray wall in this picture is the same color that's in the entryway. It will go really well with the countertops I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home