Saturday, September 23, 2006

Long Time, No Post

...this is because long time, no progress. Sigh. Many have asked, "What the hell is happening with your remodel?" The answer is not a damned thing. My cabinets, as noted previously, will not arrive in Seattle until 9/29. And then it will take another few days before they even arrive in my apartment to be installed. BOO!

So in the meantime, my contractors have disappeared. Off to other more exciting jobs, I'd imagine. They don't care if they get all of the other "dirty work" on my project done right away since they don't get paid until the entire job is done. In the meantime, I'm living like a hoarder with all my crap piled from floor to ceiling in my living room. The worst part about this is that my dog tries to jump from my bed and out the window whenever he hears a dog bark outside. This is also really amusing since he's not athletic enough to make it up and over the window sill -- he just kind of bounces off of it and onto the floor.

As far as new developments go, my interior designers have talked me out of installing the barn door in this phase. The barn door is the part I was most excited about. Unfortunately, they think I'd be better served by installing new lighting now since I'd have to repaint all those areas and re-do all the drywall if we wait to do the lighting later...... It makes sense, but I'm kinda bummed.

So most people will hate the major lighting choice we made, but I'm super excited:

This is a picture of the dining room lamp...

And here's a link to the little "puck" lights that will go inside the cabinets--the upper cabinets are essentially these bright glass boxes, so the lights will illuminate them nicely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue & Mike said...

About your light fixture ... can you program it to pulse with disco music?
Mike

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home